Friday 29 November 2013

'The Hobbit' Book Cover Illustration




I have been doing this in college for graphic image making and decided to add it to DeviantArt. I like the background more than the hobbit hole but I am unsure why to be exact. There is something about it that I just can't think. I do like the red and orange sky though. I think it has a nice paint effect on it.

EDIT: Looking back on this piece, I still love the sky and colours. However, I now feel like I can understand why I do not like the hobbit hole. The main reason is the door looks horrifically out of place. I should had added my shadows and highlights to create more depth. I now feel like I have learnt how to do that better. Maybe in the future I can bare this in mind and change it.


Time to complete: I have spent over several days playing with layout and colouring as well as drawing it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts